Going to the beach is always a fun family outing. However it can be pretty stressful when you start to think about what you may or may not need. Even harder when you have children screaming and running around demanding you go Right. This. Second. You’ll end up either packing TOO much or TOO little.
There is nothing worse than going to the beach with five bags, looking like a pack mule. That is nothing worse than getting to the beach and realizing you forgot almost everything you need.
Here is a quick detailed list of things you may want to bring to the beach, especially if you have kids who always seem to need something!
- Beach bag to put all these things in
- Bathing suit(s)
- Extra clothes when you’re done at the beach and need to change out of your bathing suit
- Sunscreen lotion for body
- Sunscreen spray for kids
- Sunblock stick for face
- Hair spray or spray gel. After the water I just spritz my hair and have lovely tussled hair all day
- Beach towel or blanket to sit on
- Umbrella or tent
- Towels to dry off with
- Water bottles to keep hydrated and if you need to wash something off quick with clean water
- Bug spray
- sandals or flip flops especially for bathrooms and shower rooms
- Hair brush
- Baby powder – sprinkle baby powder on your hands or feet and annoying sticky sand slides right off!
- beach toys!
- snacks to keep your energy up running and swimming in the sun
- Eye drops, my eyes burn and get fuzzy when swimming for too long, so I like to take eye drops just in case, and works if you get sand in your eye
- Plastic bags. You’d be surprised how handy they can become. Even keep your money/wallet in a baggie to keep them sand and water free!
- Ponytail holders, clip, or bobby pins to keep your hair out of yours or your child’s face
- Sun hats, especially if you have little babies, extra protection from the sun is great
Seems like a lot, but the other week when I took my daughter, I was surprised that I used EVERY SINGLE ITEM in this list! It helped me and I hope it helps you!
My little girl enjoying her day there with her well-prepared Momma 🙂